Small town celebrations are a highlight of summer, and visitors to the Lazy R Campground & Cabins can enjoy just such a celebration on July 27-29, 2018 in nearby Dayton, Wyoming. This charming town sits right at the base of the Bighorn Mountains, and during the annual Dayton Days celebration, the town opens its doors and its heart to visitors from around the world.
Schedule of Events
- Friday, July 27
- 5:00 p.m. – Cow Pie Classic golf tournament at the IXL Ranch. Barbecue to follow for contestants and guests. For Information, Contact Bob Wood at 307-751-7192.
- 6:00 p.m. – Pet Parade for children at Scott Bicentennial Park in Dayton.
- Dusk – Movie in the Park at Scott Bicentennial Park in Dayton.
- Saturday, July 28
- 6:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. – Rotary Pancake Breakfast
- 9:45 a.m. – 10th Annual Dayton Days Mile Race
- 10:00 a.m. – Parade Down Main Street
- 11:00 a.m. – Booths, Food, Fun, and Drum & Bugle Corps at Scott Bicentennial Park
- Drum & Bugle Corps
- Duck Race
- Family and Children’s Games
- Volleyball Tournament sponsored by Tongue River Valley Community Center
- 12:30 p.m. – Duck Race at the park
- 1:00 p.m. – Music by Dave Munsick Band
- 2:00-4:00 pm – Fireman’s Water Fight in the park
- 3:00 – p.m. – Music by The Insta-Gators
- Sunday, July 29
- Morning & Afternoon – Disc Golf Tournament
For more information, contact the Dayton Town Hall at 307-655-2217 or email: [email protected].